Water Vole

Water Vole

Thursday 27 March 2014

MAIDENHEAD ADVERTISER

I have just had an article printed in the Maidenhead Advertiser regarding my proposed reintroduction of water voles into the steams between Cookham and Maidenhead in Berkshire. I am looking for volunteers to report on any wildlife they see close to these streams so we can assess what there is at the moment. It is then my plan to install mink raft to see what wildlife is present.
When we were kids we grew up in Cookham and loved the wildlife that was present. This ranged from the water voles, screws, mice, stoats, weasels, rabbits hares, badgers and foxes as well as many species of birds. By controlling the mink which will kill and eat nearly all living creatures from worms to swans I would like to  think that we would see an increase in the wildlife in the area.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer please contact me through ccmalawi@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment